We Survived

What a crazy fun weekend!

Friday afternoon we took off and headed to see All That Remains with Shadows Fall, Lamb of God, and Slipknot. We got to Hampton around 5:30 or so, checked into the hotel and got in line for the show.

I think they packed about 8500 people into the Hampton Colesium and everyone was there from the very start. All 4 bands played amazing sets. I just wished they could have played all night.

Slipknot was limping badly, literally. Clown has been at his wife's bedside for the past 3 weeks and the rest of the band were fighting off colds and other injuries. They still came out and played their asses off for their maggots, though.

Jessi, Gene, and I escaped to the seats to see Slipknot because I knew the floor was going to be a little on the crazy side and Jessi only comes up to everyone's chest so she wouldn't have been able to see anything.

We all got back to the hotel, lit up, and crashed.

Sunday morning, I took everyone to Va Beach to show them my old stomping grounds. I took them to Lynnhaven mall and to the beach. I just wish more than anything I could live there again. There is such a feeling of being at home there that I cannot get anywhere else, no matter how hard I try.

We got back in around 6 Sunday and took off to the inlaws who were camping at Natural Bridge. We all had a lot of fun there hanging out, drinking, eating wienies and marshmallows and telling fart jokes.

Finally I found my bed around 12:30 Sunday night and had the best night's sleep I've had in months.

Today is cleanup day. It's warm outside, spring starts tomorrow and April promises to be another interesting month. I feel alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

September 27, 2019

Helpful Links