Who Am I?

I catch myself posting about things that catch my attention. I never sat here to write about myself. I don't want to waste people's time with a biography. I just want to describe who I am. I should expose myself from behind the curtain for all to see.

I am Mike Lewis. I am a force of nature. I am strong, intellegent, and determined. I inherited the gifts of sacrifice, selflessness, and self sufficiency from my parents. I learned a strong work ethic from them. I learned to respect women, fear God, and find happiness...in everything.

I have desires in my walk on this rock. I see great things happening. I see people cheering me, I see women swooning, I see men respecting me, I see the world, and the world is mine.

I get the impression over the past few years that no one sees my drive. What would mask such a thing? I pour myself into seeing other people happy. Sometimes that is more of a fault than an asset. In being everything to everybody nobody gets to see the everything that I can be. I have goals, I still dream, and I still plan on accomplishing mighty things.

I am also a simple man, also to a fault. I find happiness in providing, in caring, in listening, in supporting. I never ask for any of that. People know that I'm self contained and I never reach out for others. I only ask my Father in Heaven to give me the strength to make it day by day.

I see myself in great shape one day. I see myself owning a radio station one day. I see myself donating time and energy and money to enrich other people's lives. I see me playing a bass guitar. I see throngs of people lining up to buy my CD. I see my wife stun the world with her art and her craft. I see my closest friends and they don't love me for what I do or what I accomplish, they love me for who I am. That simple man with fire in his heart.

I come across so negatively to others. I still to this day can't figure that out. My lack of over adrenalized joy over the good things in life always gives people the impression that I live in a dark corner somewhere in my mind. Why is that? Is it because I am too busy involving my happiness in others? I fear that if I completely went out and did what I wanted, that I would alienate the world.

Nothing is going to stop me. My day is going to come and until that day, I will sit quietly in the background. I will continue to grow and learn the ways of this world. I like to think that I've seen it all, but I know full well that I have not done it all...and one day, I will be able to sit and look back and know, that yes I have done it all. And that day will happen.

I am a force to be reckoned with and the lion that lives inside of me is coming out. I will have no fear, I will reach out, find my star and hold on tight. I just ask that everyone around me find something to hold onto, and hold on for their lives.

I am an artist. I am a poet. I am a writer. I am composer.

I am Mike Lewis, and the blank pages that are my future are going to be filled with amazing things. Then and only then, will I have a biography. Then people will want to know what I am and how I did the things that I'm going to do.

So look out, a power is coming from the east, and it is not a spineless wind, it's going to be a tornado.

Comments

  1. Next time you want to read what I have to say, just ask. And don't flatter yourself, that piece was not about you...it was about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous,

    I did ask. I did not get an answer. I know nothing of this piece you're referring to: I'm assuming you mean your journal? I'm yet to read the contents of this...journal. Do you mean your blog? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I am just guilty of reading a person who is in some sort of interpersonal conflict.

    And I support her with everything I have in me. And I love her. No matter what.

    Signed,

    Not Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019