Video CDs

Something I'm pretty well known for lately is compiling metal videos and placing them on a CD and watching them with my friends. Now this is on hold because I'm on dial up for the time being, but soon enough I can see myself making more and entertaining the masses.

How would I do this myself you ask? Well, I'm very glad you asked.

Let's start off with the easy stuff. There are two websites that I go to frequently to check for new and updated videos. There are lots of them out there, but this is where I start my search. UrbanChaosVideos and HDPVideos basically have anything one would need for quick and easy http downloading. You are going to need broadband because these files are at least 30MB and that takes about 4 hours on dial up, I think. I'm too scared to even try.

Secondly, if you're looking for something older, something not metal, or something rare, the best place to look is IRC. Again, there are probably a million places to download music videos on IRC because it's as vast and infinite as space, but the places I go are all on the Efnet server. I go to #UCV, #music-videos, and #HDPVidz.

This is a little different from http downloading because you have to do a few things before you're downloading. First learn how to use IRC. It's not hard. These channels have hosts that are able to upload the videos, you just have to know how to queue them up. Each of these hosts have a trigger (example: ctcpYeahYeahWhatever queued 3/30 sending 2/2). Copy the ctcp thats enclosed with the , paste and hit enter.

You're then going to get a DCC session where the host will list their library directly to you. I like this because most of them would rather send you this big stupid ass zip file that takes forever to read much less understand. Once you see the song you want, just type /get pastesongandartisthere. UCV has a script that even makes that a million times easier.

That is then going to put you in a queue. Don't get your panties in a wad, some of these queues can take all day. You will need patience to find those rare or eclectic videos. UCV has a help page that makes it so easy to understand, anyone can figure it out.

Once you get the videos you want, open your Nero or whatever software you have to burn stuff onto disc, create a VCD, burn it and that's all. It's that easy. Who needs Headbanger's Ball, Fuse, or Metal Injection. Make your own metal show...and impress your friends.

Just be ready to pause because it's a blessing and a curse to have no commercials!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019