For My Wife

She lay sleeping..at peace
(I wonder what she dreams)
I try to pull out the pain from her heart
...the damage done to her soul.
I realize I'm nothing alone
Bad karma has taken it's toll.
I'm so helpless, I'm torn apart.
I just want to scream to find release.

Wife, friend, love
(don't be afraid)
I will spend my dieing breath..
to see you rise above.

I see ahead..
I swim in the past.
It's all going so fast
(slow down, damn it!)
One day this pain will pass,
and all the hurt, died dead.

Find my hand in the darkened room,
Take those painful steps with me.
I'd lie or kill or even worse
(to see you smile, to end this curse)
Your hero in black, not scared death or tomb..

To open that door, and see you run free.
(To live again, just to live again)

Forever on peaceful shores.

Comments

  1. Aww, that's the sweetest thing I've ever read!
    *calls Sherri into read* nevermind, she's gone to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...that was sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

September 27, 2019

Helpful Links