Dime Tribute by Video

As I've mentioned and as many of my metal head friends are very well aware of, today marks the three year anniversary when "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was shot and killed in Columbus, Ohio.

This has recently always been a very sad day for me, but as time goes on, I don't feel the sadness anymore. I feel the need to make something out of my life. Maybe not in the ways that Abbott did, but maybe if anything to entertain people, or give them something to smile about. I hope I accomplish this today. These videos put a smile on my face and hopefully they'll be enjoyed by all.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. No band can ever recreate the magic that created and taken away from us by losing Darrell Abbott, but the feeling is just the same. I wanted to post some covers that were done by small bands, all inspired by Pantera and Dime.

Probably one of the coolest tributes that I've seen was done by Trivium. Here they covered Domination and Walk.




My favorite Swedish band (no, not ABBA), In Flames covering F*ckin Hostile!




This is a cover done by a band called Mouth for War.




This really touched me when I first watched it a while back. Not many new that Dime was one hell of a singer. Here he is covering one of his favorite bands, Metallica.




I can't complete a post without an actual Pantera song. This was how most people were introduced to modern metal/hardcore. This is their headbanging anthem, Walk.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates

My Wiiview