Painful

You know it's easy to spend someone else's money. It is not easy to help someone spend money on something that you want desperately though.

Dad came into town in need of a new desktop computer. He will be 66 years old in March and this is his first computer. I took him to Best Buy to get him a basic starter computer. He basically only really needs this PC to put together his Sunday School lesson and won't have any kind of internet for a while (he lives way out in the boonies).

I haggled and twisted arms at the Best Buy until I found him the best deal on an HP desktop solution that gives him a ton of hard drive space, it's very fast with an Intel Dual Core Processor (it's funny, he insisted on Intel, he hates AMD for some unknown reason), and he got a nice big 19" monitor and new printer. I'm very proud of him and I know even more now that I am my Father's son. He had such an eagerness that only I could possess around such toys!

He got a pretty sweet deal and I'm very impressed he didn't take the other near five thousand dollars he got in store credit and go buy a nice big 60" plasma TV like I would have. And then a new 7.1 dolby surround sound system, and a PS3/XBox360 LewisShow fun bundle, and a new laptop, and an iPhone....I could go on but I need to stop drooling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

September 27, 2019

Helpful Links