Here's Conan

Last night was pretty historic in the realm of television and trivia.

As everyone knows Conan O'Brien took over as host of the Tonight Show replacing Jay Leno who has retired/moved to an earlier time slot. This was the first change since I was in high school.

I remember growing up and going into high school watching The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. I can remember his last shows and when he was replaced by Leno. Jay had it rough, there was no way he or just about anyone alive could replace Mr. Carson, I thought.

But over the years, he did OK. Janine and I were starting to regularly watch Leno on The Tonight Show and I always got a kick out of Jaywalking and Headlines. When winding down topical humor is hard to beat sometimes. More than anything, I know that Conan did not have the daunting task that Leno did replacing someone as legendary in television as Johnny Carson.

It makes me feel older seeing this transition, but I really look forward to seeing Conan hosting The Tonight Show. I think it's going to be a lot of fun and more and more people will return to that old tradition of falling asleep with the television on.

Take it away, Johnny!

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019