August 3, 1942

I know it's a little late, heck it's the 4th of August already, but 43 years go, my parents got married.

My parents have always had a strange dynamic. My mom always worked a perfect balance of being a mother and having a career. My dad had a balance between the two jobs he would always have. Growing up I can remember how much they disliked each other. There was a lot of bitterness and it seemed every year it would build more and more.

Once I left home and moved to Indiana, I could see them getting closer. Soon after that my brother went off to college too and both of us were waiting for that day when they would divorce. It never happened that way. It was the total opposite. They started to really love each other.

Over time, age, illness, and religion has drawn them together like I always wanted to see when I was smaller. I have to admire anyone that can make a marriage like theirs work and make it work for so long.

Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. Thank you for showing me that it all works out in the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019