Bestest Friendeses Burfday!

I can't believe Jessi is turning 27 today. I met her not long after she turned 20! I'll never forget meeting her. I was working for JCrew and I worked at the NOC. The NOC determined who could get off work early or if we needed to force a mandatory full shift, etc. It's all call center bullshit.

I had just broken up with Kat the second time in the fall of 1999 and I was determined to let her shift off early so I didn't have to put up with her following Nicole around like a lost puppy dog.

Jessi also got off at that time and she would always check out grinning at me from ear to ear. Eventually she got up the nerve to talk to me at some point that next spring when she took up employment at GE and soon after that I quit JCrew and started working over there too.

We would chat on sametime from the minute I checked into work until the minute we checked out every day, and then hang out at my apartment with the rest of the crew until the weee hours in the morning. I've never gotten so close to one person in my life. I probably stress her to no end with my own troubles, but she seems to take it all in stride.

Now in 2006, 200 miles apart, we make it a point to meet up every other weekend. Any glance at my blog will show our adventures over the past 3 years alone. I was never blessed with a younger sister from my parents, but God and good karma allowed me to adopt this poor child.


Happy Birthday, Jessi. I could not be more proud of one person in my life than I am of you. I am overwhelmed and honored beyond belief that I get to share my life in all its dirty glory with you. I hope you have a great year and I can't wait to spend the rest of the year going to all those metal shows!

Comments

  1. *hugs* Thank you Mikey :) That was the sweetest birthday post I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019