Happy Birthday LewisShow!

In typical fashion I realize several days after the fact that my blog has been around now for 2 years. I'll never forget that first night, signing up. Gene was visiting and he had his computer. We were hooked into the DSL and having a good time picking on each other and enjoying recreational activities. Something just told me I should start a blog and document the events of my life. I've always wanted something that I can look back on, something I can smile at through the good times and the bad.

The second year of The Lewis Show saw many ups and downs. Most of the downs started right away. Kat and I moved to Richmond with high hopes and aspirations. I was hell bent to make sure she got her college education so that she could have a job, a career that she would enjoy. We moved into a crap part of town, we both had trouble finding work, and making ends meet. Through the months we grew more and more apart. After trying in vain to fix this broken machine of a marriage we said our goodbyes and decided to start brand new. I hope she does well, she's got every opportunity to do so now.


I did not want to leave Richmond, something told me to stay. I really love my job, I was without a car, and knee deep in trouble with the law in Arrestafield (sorry Chesterfield), and in deep financial trouble. But I listened to that still small voice and I'm glad I did.

Jessi has been such a rock to me, supporting and putting up with my rampant mood swings. I could never in this world ask for a better friend. She has gone out of her way to visit me, her car aging by the day, her priorities shifting as she has found a new love herself. I really want to see her happy. Sam is everything she could ever want in a life partner. I wish them nothing but the best. Just don't ask me to sing at the wedding, guys. I can't sing for shit.

I feel really bad and I do miss my friends Shawn, Megan, and Allen. I miss Brett who is serving overseas in Iraq. It's painful sometimes to learn who my real friends are. I haven't heard a word from any of them in months. Good riddance to the lot of you!

Gene has always been a constant friend to me, always willing to give everything he has, and I will always be happy knowing that my metal twin will always be around. Now if I can just talk him into moving to Richmond. That would be a lot of fun!


I can also say I'm blessed in many ways to have gotten to know
Kelly. He has really supported me and has been patient with me while I work on my car situation. I look forward every day to camping at his desk for a couple minutes to see what adventures he had the previous night. He's stuck with me now. I can't thank him enough, for being a great friend!

I'm soon going to have my life back on track. I'm going to have my car, my freedom, my life. There is one thing that has surpassed every expectation I have ever had. And that's my girl Janine!


Through the month of April I started dating Janine. I was in shock...utter shock that I could find someone who could take my heart. I was convinced that I was just going to get hurt if I kept trying at this game of love, but again, something told me deep down, stick everything out. God has really taken care of me. That's for sure.

We started to get serious in May and through the past 2 months I have known and grown to love Janine. I am so happy now. Much happier than I have ever been! I have someone who feels the way I do about everything. Someone who truly listens to me and on top of that cares about what I say. I have someone that I can feel safe knowing that when I wake up, she's going to be there for me and with me. Someone who will actually take care of me as I will take care of her.


It has certainly been a roller coaster, but I am glad I have listened to those voices in my head assuring me that everything was going to be ok. I have gone from the lowest point in my life to the highest. I got to fly again this year, I'm loving my job even more, I have great friends both at work and outside of work, and I have someone that I am madly in love with. I just never...thought I'd ever say that again.

So here's to another year of The Lewis Show. I wanted to thank everyone for taking the ride with me, and for those that stuck it out with me, the best days are still yet to come. I'm going to have an exciting year, with so many possibilities. Next stop, Vegas with my baby! Woohoo!

Comments

  1. Awwwwwwwwww *hugs* so sweet dood! You be my bestest friend :)
    Yes, Sam rocks my socks, though don't know about the whole wedding deal ;)
    And those voices in your head telling you everything was going to be ok? (that was me!) I'm glad you listened and glad it finally is. You deserve all the happiness in the world.
    THANK YOU JANINE FOR ROCKING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are going to make me cry : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019