The Lewis Show gets Political

Slashdot | NSA Had Domestic Call Monitoring Before 9/11?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
STRATEGERY!!

I don't often show my political hand on my blog, but when I was pulling my newsfeeds this morning I couldn't resist.


First I am in no way in bed with this Bush guy in office, nor am I an apologist, but I think he's gotten a bad rap on something:

According to this article our friends at the National Security Administration have been data basing domestic phone calls and to some extent web queries for some time before September 11. I find this noteworthy because it seems that people are so dead set that our current President is so hungry to deprive Americans of all their freedoms they seem to forget that this massive government machine had this in the works long before he assumed office.

I do agree with most of the comments from Slashdot readers that the current adminstration had a convienient excuse to expand these wiretaps and raids into our own personal lives, but give me a break. It's not just a Bush problem, it's a problem of an unchecked part of our government abusing it's power to deprive us of our civil liberties. And that was going on long before we had a face and a political figure to point our fingers at.

These are just messy days, and it's only going to get messier. Putting a Democrat, Libertarian, Green, or anyone else in office is not going to net any different results. Mark my words. Blaming Bush for this is only quasi barking up the right tree.

Comments

  1. I love Bush...oh wait, I am gay, so I must like the VP...hehehe...get it??

    What are you doing up sooo early on a Sunday...I just got back from the gym...getting ready to head to Lburg to see my dad and get the bosses furniture...

    Are you going to see Superman at IMAX? Let me know how it is...and get that damn header done...hehehe...

    Actually header can be up to 850 wide and 200 tall if need be...

    Thanks...enjoy the days away from the office!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I'm too fond of Dick myself.

    The header is coming along. I've tried a few things already and they're not up to my high standards for headers!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates

My Wiiview