Thaw the Bird!

Yeah, it's that time of year again.

Tomorrow morning I'll be rising before the sun to head to Maryland to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm then taking care of some business at my parents' house. But the main event will be the drive home from Warsaw because I will be driving! Yay!

I do look forward to tomorrow night. It means a lot to my heart to have one last Thanksgiving at Janine's grandmothers house. I look forward to starting our own Thanksgiving traditions over the next several years.

I remember growing up, my mom would always make a huge spread including the turkey, the mashed potatoes, the sweet potatoes, oh my God, the sweet potatoes, the corn pudding, the rolls, the deviled eggs, the stuffing, and lots of water to wash it all down. It was one of 2 days that we all shared as a family all year outside of Christmas. My parents ran a small convienience store in Warsaw, and they were always either at their prospective jobs or working in the store.

I guess if there's any moral in this story of my youth it's to savor and enjoy every moment you can get with your family, as we're all learning as we grow older is those days don't come around as often as we thought they would growing up. Enjoy your friends and family this weekend, I know I'll be forever grateful to my family and my friends that have stuck it out with me.

The radio will be on the air, so between downs and between drumsticks, don't forget to click over and piss off the neighbors! Now that's a Thanksgiving tradition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019