Weekend Trip Recap

Janine and I left for Baltimore to see my brother, wife and son Sunday. As I mentioned before he had been in an accident and I wanted to give some details while respecting his need for privacy.

Fortunately he is fine. He was involved in a one car wreck involving his car and a local establishment, but no one was hurt at all. Dave did get a scratch on his arm, but was otherwise unharmed. I think he's mostly just embarrassed about what happened than anything else.

As far as what happened and everything else, I don't think it would be a good idea to talk about that at this point. The important thing is that he's fine, his wife and son are fine, and the unborn twins are kicking and over 3lbs a piece now. Please continue to keep them all in your thoughts as they deal with the fallout from his accident. My brother, if anything, has always been known to bounce back from adversity. He will continue to do so with this, I'm confident.

On another happy, unrelated note, I have figured out how to get from Baltimore to Richmond by passing through the gut of DC in just under 4 hours. The only thing Janine and I lost was our sanity dealing with the traffic in DC. My gosh what a cluster f*ck over there!

Comments

  1. I bet I know what happened. He was in the drive-thru at Burger King, when the freaky "King" from those commercials with the big ole bobble-plastic-head leaned out the drive-thru window. This induced panic, which it would in anyone because that King is nightmare fodder, causing him to hit the gas, launching his car forward and giving a whole new meaning to "drive thru."

    That damn King!

    Ahh, that reminds me of the day my step-grandpa decided to stop driving. He got in his car at KFC, and decided to put it into drive instead of reverse, smacking into the side of the building. The cops showed up, took the report, and as he was leaving, he got into another accident in the turn lane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I think we all eventually get to that point where we can't tell forward from reverse and try to put in a new drive thru. I just hope my day never comes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019