No Country For Old Mike

So I watched the movie that won the 2008 Academy Award for best picture tonight. No Country For Old Men, directed by the Coen Brothers, details the violent life of drugs and money in a very gripping way. I could not stop watching the movie mostly because it was a spectacle of good acting and great directing. The cast featured Tommy Lee Jones, Woody Harrleson, Josh Brolin (which was pretty damn good), and newcomer to American film, Javier Barden who was so evil and so brilliant. I didn't know if I was supposed to hate the guy or revere his dirty, work.

But alas, this is a movie that I can only really review by discussing the ending. The plot is simple enough, it's the course of the last moments of the film that's drawn the most discussion. I will not do that, I won't even post a spoiler warning. I will just say that people will either thank me for recommending such a fine, but evil work of art or people will hate me forever for wasting their time. It will leave people, I think, with either extreme reaction. The Coen Brothers did awesome at removing any middle ground.

An hour after watching, I think I can finally say, "I get it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates

My Wiiview