The End of a Legacy

Sixteen years of any professional sport is an unheard of achievement these days. Athletes are pushed beyond any reasonable limits more so now than ever. Needless to say when talking about the retirement of Brett Favre, one speaks of more than an end to a great career, but to the end of an era.


I remember that first game when Brett Favre took the field taking over for an injured Don Majkowski, and playing brilliantly. I knew from that moment, that we would all be in for a treat. I remember in 1996 watching with great delight as Favre and the Packers defeated the greatly overrated New England Patriots to win the Super Bowl. I remember just last year, a 38 year old man who was supposed to be written off, lead the youngest team in football, to the biggest game in the National Football Conference.


The memories I have span my entire young adult life, so with a great amount of meloncholy and nostalgia, I say good luck to Number Four in his retirement and thanks for the magic and the memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates

My Wiiview