Minimalists are from Mars?

So I decide to read a little about minimalism. If anyone knows me well, they know that I like to live a clutter free life. I don't have a lot of possessions, I don't have a single solitary icon on my desktop, my car is completely clean (with the exception of dire need of vacuuming), and I only find myself grocery shopping on a very tight list and not going outside of it.

I don't know why I am this way, I have been surrounded my entire life with people that live and love their clutter. My parents have clutter that's older than I am by decades, my friends and my most cherished love of all (I love you, Janine), all are radical clutterists. The geek lifestyle even demands clutter. The one with the most toys, wins! So I wanted to see why they were all baffled by someone who swears to be a minimalist.

You would think that anyone that dons the title is a space alien. I look at the design, architecture, and art, and I think what a bunch of neo modern...or post modern freaks! It looks like someone hired E.T, shot him up with street quality crank, and turned him loose on a design board! I am not a post modern weirdo that wants to have white furniture adorned with black and abstract pieces. I just want a simple quiet space!

I've always believed that an uncluttered space meant less noise and if people would cut back on the noise, they would find themselves suffering from less stress. But why on earth would someone want to trade in their practical lifestyle to live like space yuppies on crack is now completely understandable.

I will no longer consider myself a minimalist. I will consider myself someone who believes that less is more, simple is better, and that is that.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019