My Fave 5 Firefox Add Ons

I know I've promised a review of the many browsers that occupy our current web space, and that is still coming. In the meantime, I figured I'd post a few practical lists of things that I use with my preferred browser, web apps, and cloud computing. I'm going to get all nerdy with it, but my goal is to help users explore their options and check out some new things.

So I have a few addons with Mozilla Firefox and to really get the most out of this browser, one really needs to take time and explore what's out there as far as extensions and themes. Here are five of them that make browsing more enjoyable for me:

Foxmarks - Found here, is a simple utility used to sync bookmarks between or among several computers. For instance, you have a desktop computer, a laptop, a computer that you may use Firefox on at work, you get the idea. Foxmarks syncs the bookmarks from your home computer to your other installations of Firefox so that you don't miss out on anything. This is almost a must for anyone who has multiple machines and multiple installations of Firefox.

Greasemonkey - Found here. The internet can get a little vanilla at times and greasemonkey can help give things a little swirl of flavor. Greasemonkey, "Allows you to customize the way a webpage displays using small bits of JavaScript." You can use these scripts on commonly used sites like Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Friendfeed, Google, etc, to enhance or remove certain annoyances. You can also use it to run scripts that skin the appearance of a lot of these sites. Just be careful, it involves a level of trust and a lot of scripts.

Twitterfox - Found here, is probably the easiest way to post to the social networking site, Twitter. I would hope everyone by now has at least created a user name, because this service will be as common and widely used as Google. Twitterfox allows me to click on an icon on the status bar of Firefox and quickly post. That's really all there is to it. It's the ease of using something and it working every time it's used that makes it a favorite extension.

I haven't forgotten my Pownce community, I highly recommend anyone using Pownce to download FirePownce. This allows a user to post a website, photo, or video quickly and easily. It's still a developer beta, but it's worth signing up and giving it a test run.

IE Tab - Found here, enables a Firefox user to switch their browser to Internet Explorer whenever Firefox encounters a problem rendering the site. This can come in handy if you want to run Windows Update, or other Microsoft services that may not run as well on Firefox. Again, it's simple and it works, and it's pretty vital at times. It's pretty easy to use, I just click on my Firefox icon in my status bar, and I'm instantly on that browser page, taken to Internet Explorer.


That's just a short list designed to get people interested in making their Firefox browsing a better experience, for more great ideas, be sure to check out the most popular extentions, they will come in handy for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019