Home Sweet, Sweet Home!

A homeowner's work is never done. I've coined that phrase lately. It seems for every one task completed, three more come in to take it's place. We've come a long way unpacking and getting settled into our new digs, but we still have a long way to go. We still have a garage full of things that need to come inside, we still need to unpack and sort our den, we need to get at least one (maybe two) entertainment centers, we need to make way for our new stove next week, I still need to move addresses, we need to sort out bills, and on top of that we have a lot of car maintenance that needs to be done along with haircuts.

Oh, and there's still the whole Christmas thing. Lucky for us we're not traveling this year, but we still have to meet up with family and that means getting gifts. Better yet we still need to figure out gifts. Janine and I compliment each other in one way more than anything else to a fault, and that's the ability to procrastinate like it's nobody's business. Our poor tree can attest to that, it's still not trimmed yet!

Lucky for me I just need to get a handful of gifts, and we need to go out and spend one afternoon getting everything else for everyone, so that won't be so bad. The one great thing about seeing family after the holidays is the ability to put those gifts off just a little longer than normal. Maybe one day, I'll have this organized and finished by Thanksgiving. Nah.

But despite the stress and turmoil that this season brings, I still feel at peace, happy, and blessed. Especially this year. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and I'm really hoping next year will be wonderful.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

September 27, 2019

Helpful Links