So Long, Pownce

I had posted about Pownce a few times here. A big reason my posting had cut back so much was because I spent my energy posting there. Well after all that energy was spent up, Pownce is closing down their service. According to their blog, Six Apart, a property that offers Typepad, Vox, and others have absorbed the micro blogging service and on the 15th of December, will shut Pownce down for good.

Pownce really never took off into the mainstream as it tried to enter the space occupied by Twitter, but the rich features that it boasted kept a small tight niche community. That community is now displaced and are trying to find a new service that will have the features that Pownce had but more important to keep that community in place.

I'm sad by the news, but it's a dog eat dog world and sometimes the things we like cannot last forever. It's a shame too, because it's not easy pulling for the underdog sometimes.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019