An Update of Sorts

I haven't sat down to visit with my readers to update what's been going on in my world. I thought I'd take a minute to give an update. Janine and I have been enjoying our house even the mundane responsibilities that comes with home ownership. That's pretty much been the gist of our time since the holidays.

We have started entertaining guests as we had two birthday parties last week as you saw from an earlier post. So far everyone is impressed by our pick in house, the neighborhood, and how we've maintained it. We both know we have a long way to go, but every day is another step towards getting settled down even more.

I am looking forward to vacations. This year I decided to plan our time off as much as we could, to maximize those precious few vacation days that I get. Sam and Jessi are scheduled to visit the weekend of my birthday. There are no major plans when they visit, but we all plan on watching The Watchmen. I'm excited, I'm hoping it's going to be a good movie.

In May, for our anniversary, Janine and I are going to Philadelphia. She's never been nor has she taken a train, so we're going to have a good time trecking the east coast and we vowed to visit someplace new every year. I'm already secretly planning future trips to Charlotte, Charleston, and DC.

Labor Day Week, we'll be getting some relaxation in Virginia Beach for a long weekend. Sam and Jessi are again scheduled maybe to spend some time with us that weekend too. I don't know if Janine and I will make Virginia Beach a regular trip Labor Day week, but it always does me good to visit my birthplace once in a while, and that's the perfect time.

The rest of the time, we're going to continue to enjoy each other and enjoy this new year. Every day in our house feels new and fun. I know we've become complete homebodies too! We are both hopeful for good times with friends and family and are optimistic this market will change this summer. Optimism is not extinct, not here.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019