The Artsy Side

You may want to find some Bach on your iPod when reading this post.

Alright, it won't be that bad, but I decided to get a little culture tonight. The Tiffany: Color and Light exhibit has been going on at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts all summer and I figured it was time to take Janine. She is a huge fan of Tiffany artwork. More about the art and the artist can be read here, I'm far from any kind of expert.

 The exhibit itself is very well put together. I recommend it highly to anyone and it's worth the price of admission, just think of it as a splurge. I enjoyed it all, but probably not for the same reasons as most. I was most caught by the flaws of the work rather than the exquisite craftsmanship that goes into making these pieces. I guess it's the human element in otherwise perfect works.

It's also worth checking out the other exhibits in the museum and also checking out the rest of the great things in the museum district of Richmond. I practically enjoy Janine's reactions to these sights than anything else. It's also very good to be reminded I live in such a rich, historic town.

And I'm just getting started!

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

September 27, 2019

Helpful Links