Mayhem Recapping



I figured for posterity events of last week deserved a better post than just a few crappy pictures from my cell phone. Mayhem Fest came to Virginia Beach last Wednesday. Janine and I were very fortunate to land some tickets for these sweaty festivities thanks to our good friends! So I figured with five of us going, (Sam, Jessi, Ben, Janine, and I), I should do what any heavy metal ringleader should do, rent a mini van. This actually worked very well back in 2002 when I had to carry a large crowd to see a show in northern Virginia.

We got to Virginia Beach about an hour into the show, sweated, stood, sat, rinsed and repeated all the way to the last performance of the night. I quickly realized the top bands of my day are all pretty much the same as they were in 2006 when I last saw most of these bands. I'm very happy for these bands, but I was reminded I need to really try to keep discovering new acts.

It felt like even more of a throwback to see the top two headliners Rob Zombie and Korn. I was taken back to those magical days in the 90's when in entertainment Beavis and Butthead were on MTV, the top movie was about alternate realities, and 90210 was on the air.

Wait....

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview