I moved to Richmond in September, full of aprehension. Many of you by keeping up with my story know full well the ups and downs that I have faced. I was very fortunate to land a great job in October. After a lot of rejection, and fear for losing everything I started my new job with that same fear I had when I moved to this city. I was crammed in an office with Kelly Stern. He is such a kind, patient, gentle soul. He showed me around and I got comfortable working there really fast. I smile when I remember one of my coworkers talking about us giggling in there all day. I had fun those days. It did not take me long to find out that Kelly was gay. He mentioned living with Jeff, and I put two and two together fast. Kelly listened to my troubles, and gave me sound, firm advice. He has been so helpful to me also by taking me home from work almost every day and taking me by the grocery store to get supplies. I would not still be here if it was not for his help. I cannot think of a way to ...
I think my title says it all. It also implies that today I feel like writing, and tomorrow I will not feel like writing. Time will tell. Considering I have made only a handful of posts in the past seven years, I will remain skeptical. It has been an interesting couple of years since I posted my farewell to my cat, Topaz. I have since moved, two more cats have passed on, leaving me with one, I am almost finished with college (finally), my teenagers are almost adults, and we adopted a baby boy. That is entirely too much to delve into deeper in a single writing, but I shall over time, if I continue to write here. I really don't want to write about myself anymore. I never really wanted to in the first place. I think deep down, I wanted to create, and create I shall do. I had made an attempt to write articles about certain life rules that were set forth by prominent men and women of old. I wanted to write a modern version of "Washington's Rules" and I also wanted to m...
Well it's no secret that downtown Richmond is the place to go in town to get drunk with friends, deal with really crappy parking, police, and gangsters alike. What a lot of people don't know that once a month or so Gojira-X visits and plays at Wonderland. I really like Wonderland. Janine and I went to hang out last night at Wonderland to enjoy a beer and friends. It's good to see the same crew there. I'm starting to get to know them and get more comfortable hanging out with them. They're all so nice and friendly and fun. Opening the night was New Haven, CT rockers, Murdervan . Check their myspace out, they have a really good grungy, punky, loud sound to them. Janine and I agreed we saw the second coming of Kurt Cobain too, the pic of the lead singer shows that! They are winding down their first nationwide tour. I like 'em and I hope they do well. Gojira-X always rocks and honestly as packed as that little bar gets, I'd like to see it wall to wall with people...