Getting Biblical (For A Second)

Most of my readers may know this about me, but at one point I did take religious studies. My knack for teaching lead me to take these studies to help others. I've long since shelved that part of my life, but this week has seen a lifetime's shared in religious discussion locally and on the social networks. I thought I'd put in a quick word from The Word.


I always say before doing any study in religion or philosophy with anyone, do not go by the words of any man or teacher, study and learn life and meaning for yourself. I never attempt to impose my beliefs on anyone, so take anything said with a grain of salt, so to speak. For those that do believe, we only have ourselves to answer for one day. For those that don't, that's the beauty of free will.


With that said, recently, false prophet Harold Camping made an educated guess as to when the clock would begin for the end of the world. Using calendars and tomfoolery, he predicted that the rapture of Christians would begin around 6PM on May 21st with events beginning around an earthquake in New Zealand. I know little else about his predictions, because I wasted enough time knowing what I already know of it.


So what does the Bible say? Fortunately, all of this rapture prediction garbage is put aside with two passages which I will put below. It speaks for itself, it's the words of Christ, and I need say no more than what's written. I would only need to add if anyone gives a date for any so called end of time events while calling themselves a Christian, turn the channel or laugh it off, he or she is only wrong and asking for public ridicule.



Matthew 24: 23-26, 36
 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
 25Behold, I have told you before.
 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.


36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019