Social Media Wins Again


Last night while mindlessly watching last week's Kitchen Nitemares, I thought I'd see what was going on with my twitter stream. I didn't expect to see the explosion of tweets and news that Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda mastermind had been killed. My timeline erupted in cheers, gratitude for our troops, and speculation about what happened.

News today is more instant than the internet itself regardless of the weight of each story, but it was sure good to see people and firefighters (above) taking to the streets in New York and DC after hearing such sweeping and greatly overdo story. But I will say even after hearing the news on Twitter, probably like most, I turned on the TV to catch the never ending cycle of reporting that is cable news.

I think that's what most do these days, get instant news from social streams, then turn on their televisions for that visual fix, then to blogs and newspapers for in depth analysis. I think all sources of media like this can work together, but organically, media outlets should be careful not to force us into walled gardens for this kind of content.

Thoughts to all still in service, people in the world still hate freedom and will not hesitate to hurt innocent civilians to advance their cause. Here's hoping for some peace though, finally.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

September 27, 2019