Euro 2012 Thoughts


This clip kind of blew me away. I have been following the Euro 2012 tournament. I've become more and more interested in football (soccer) now since the World Cup. I can even remember watching as a kid with my dad and some British friends.

The song being sung is "The Fields of Athenry", an Irish ballad adopted by the Irish football club. What stands out is that these fans are not singing because they won. In fact, they were being trounced by Spain 4-0. In American football terms that's similar to being down 56-0 with 1:26 left in the ball game.

Take note, Redskin fans, these are not boos, this is what fans do to show their support for their team.

Do turn into this tournament, it's actually been pretty exciting. Despite the Irish heritage on my Mom's side, I've always followed the German team (since I come from the Ludwig family). Go, Deutschland!

Source: Deadspin
h/t @charliemassie

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

My Wiiview

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates