Happy New Year!

I like how Kelly put it in his blog. Two Double Oh Seven! Yeah, it's finally here. This has been one long ass, crazy year. I'm going to put everything in recap form in the next week. For now, I am packing up and getting ready to head to Annapolis with Janine to bring in the new year with her friends. Annapolis is a really cool town. I like how it has a New England feel to it. It almost feels like I'm walking the streets of Boston.

We won't be hitting the bars, thank goodness, so we can both relax have a few (ok, several) drinks and bring in the New Year right.


This has been a crazy month of death too. Former President Gerald Ford passed and he is currently laying in state in DC. I am glad to see him being remembered as a gentlemen and someone who was thrust into a bad situation and did his best to heal a troubled nation. He did a wonderful job considering the bullcrap he inherited after Nixon's resignation.

Saddam was finally executed over the weekend. He now joins Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, and others in a very special hell. I'm hoping Barry Manilow music is played there 24/7 personally. I just know I wouldn't want to spend anything resembling an eternity listening to Manilow. I would rather vomit my vital organs, eat them and vomit them out again, and again. Ok, that's gross, you get the point.

James Brown passed away this month too. Now I'll admit I have about as much soul as this cup I'm drinking out of, but his music was always moving. He had an intensity that few could match. I just remember Rocky IV and Apollo Creed's entrance music. I'm always saddened by the passing of great musicans, but his music will live on forever.


I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend, please don't get wasted and drive out there. I'll be on the roads and I won't appreciate eating a stering wheel or windshield. Unless it's covered in yummy chocolates!
Happy 2007 everyone!

Comments

  1. Listening to Barry Manilow would be just heaven for me.... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates

My Wiiview