Slowly Getting Back in the Saddle

The past two days have been nothing short of a digestive nightmare for me. As you know, last week, the stomach flu hit this household. I was slightly affected by the bug, but for the most part pulled through. I got it in earnest yesterday making me extremely nauseous and dizzy and giving me all kinds of stomach problems that I just don't care to share with any reading audience.

I think the past two hours I've felt I've conquered this dreaded plague and I'm ready to get back with my life again. I had abstained from wine, from any physical activity, and mostly from any food. I had eaten one peanut butter and jelly sandwich and 3 onion rings over the past 68 hours.

Good news there is that my stomach will shrink, I'll teach myself to eat much smaller and healthier portions and melt the pounds away with lots of exercise. I just gotta get my bum to the gym.

I know I must be getting hungry again when I'm surfing recipe ideas tonight and see this. What do you think?


OYSTER STUFFING

1 (8 oz.) can oysters, drained (reserve liquid), chopped
2 c. herb stuffing mix
2 c. cornbread stuffing mix
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. hot chicken broth

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine oysters stuffing mixes, celery and onion. Gradually add reserved oyster liquid and broth, stirring to moisten all pieces. Place in ungreased 2 quart casserole. Bake covered 25 to 30 minutes or until hot. Enough stuffing for 5 to 8 pounds of poultry. Double recipe to stuff 14 to 16 pounds.

Comments

  1. Ewwwwwwwwwwww gross....
    ....
    oysters. blech.
    I think I'd rather hear about your digestive issues :P
    I'm glad you're feeling better tho.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

The Drowning Death Spiral of Modern Political Debates

My Wiiview