Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Again?

As we all know last week at this time I was in the hospital. Since my release, I seem to have re-discovered some of the simpler joys in life. Here's some I've run into recently or hope to re encounter again soon:
  • Turning up the radio and singing that crappy Lit or Blink 182 song that's always playing.
  • Smiling at people for no particular reason.
  • Laughing at memories.
  • Planning on making new memories.
  • Learning and telling jokes.
  • Long distance sock sliding.
  • Jazz hands.
  • Headbanging to classic Testament.
  • Reconnecting with KoRn.
  •  Belching. Really belching.
  • Admitting fault.
  • Cheering for the Packers!
  • Cooking.
  • Driving below the speed limit. Below. Yes, below.
  • Crayons.
  • Sleeping in.
  • Laughing hysterically at the news.
  • Air drums.
  • Doing the "WHAAAAAAT'S UUUUUP?" thing with my brother on the phone.
  • Trying to out geek my Dad (which has become darn near impossible).
  • Extra long hugs with my girl (love you, Janine). 
Remember the simple stuff, kids. Life is so wonderful, but so short. I know I say it a million times. Part of me recommends almost near to a near death experience so people can reconnect too. It really shouldn't have to come to that though. Maybe a gentle nudge from someone who did fearlessly stare into the eyes of death and scoffed.

If you find that person, let me know.