New Again?

As we all know last week at this time I was in the hospital. Since my release, I seem to have re-discovered some of the simpler joys in life. Here's some I've run into recently or hope to re encounter again soon:
  • Turning up the radio and singing that crappy Lit or Blink 182 song that's always playing.
  • Smiling at people for no particular reason.
  • Laughing at memories.
  • Planning on making new memories.
  • Learning and telling jokes.
  • Long distance sock sliding.
  • Jazz hands.
  • Headbanging to classic Testament.
  • Reconnecting with KoRn.
  •  Belching. Really belching.
  • Admitting fault.
  • Cheering for the Packers!
  • Cooking.
  • Driving below the speed limit. Below. Yes, below.
  • Crayons.
  • Sleeping in.
  • Laughing hysterically at the news.
  • Air drums.
  • Doing the "WHAAAAAAT'S UUUUUP?" thing with my brother on the phone.
  • Trying to out geek my Dad (which has become darn near impossible).
  • Extra long hugs with my girl (love you, Janine). 
Remember the simple stuff, kids. Life is so wonderful, but so short. I know I say it a million times. Part of me recommends almost near to a near death experience so people can reconnect too. It really shouldn't have to come to that though. Maybe a gentle nudge from someone who did fearlessly stare into the eyes of death and scoffed.

If you find that person, let me know.

Popular posts from this blog

For My Friend

So Nervous

My Wiiview